Instructions for Applications By Mail
Passport applications by mail
- Holders of Machine Readable Passports (MRPs) [blue passports] are encouraged to submit their applications and uplift their new passports by using a recognized mailing service that facilitates tracking (for example FedEx, USPS, UPS).
- Applicants can download the application form and submit along with the current passport, a copy of its bio data page, two (2) recent photographs, relevant supporting document/s if there is any name change and money order payable to Guyana Consulate General New York and a prepaid envelope.
- Alternatively, applicants may opt to include an additional payment to facilitate return postage.
- In order to avoid processing delays, applicants must complete all relevant sections on the application form, including an email address, if any, and affix their signatures in the two (2) places provided on Pages 2 and 3.
- Applicants with access to the internet will be assigned a receipt number to facilitate checking of the passport status on the Consulate’s website.
- On receipt of the new passport from Georgetown, the expired passport will be cancelled and returned with the new passport and receipt.
Birth/Marriage/Death Certificate applications by mail
- Application forms for Birth/Marriage/Death Certificates can be downloaded from the Consulate’s website or obtained from the Consulate. Every effort must be made to ensure that the form is completed and correct information supplied so as to prevent delays in the processing. For example, ‘call names’ are not acceptable.
- In order to ensure that Birth/Marriage/Death Certificates are delivered promptly and are not left lying at the Consulate, applicants will be charged an additional fee for postage by FedEx to the address indicated on the application form. This fee must be paid at the time of application.
“All fee information is found by clicking on the Consular Fees section of the Consulate website”